We will only use the personal data collected through this website in accordance with the provisions of this policy. Below you will find information regarding how we use your personal data, for what purposes your personal data is used, with whom it is shared and what rights you may have in relation to it.
I. Summary of our processing activities
The following summary provides you with a quick overview of the processing activities carried out on our website. You will find more detailed information in the sections indicated below.
- When you visit our website for informational purposes without opening an account, only limited personal data will be processed to provide you with the website (see section III).
- In the event that you register for one of our services (for example web shop), further personal data will be processed within the framework of the provision of these services (see sections IV and V).
- In addition, your personal data will be used to provide you with advertising that may be of interest to you in relation to our services and products (see section VI) and for statistical analysis that helps us improve our website (see section VIII). In addition, we enhance your website experience through third-party content (see section IX).
- Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties (see section X) who may be located outside your country of residence; potentially, different data protection standards may apply (see section XI).
- We have implemented appropriate security measures to protect your personal data (see section XII) and we will retain your personal data only for as long as necessary (see section XIII).
- In accordance with applicable regulations, you may be entitled to exercise certain rights with respect to your personal data (see section XIV).
We may request through the website the following categories of personal data: (i) identification data; (ii) contact details; and (iii) property or financial data; Similarly, we collect photographs, images, videos and documents that support the above personal data. The foregoing with the main purposes of:
- Have identification and contact;
- Provide you with information about our products and services via email;
- Segment customers for marketing and sales purposes;
- Sale and delivery of educational products and resources;
- Comply with our obligations as suppliers;
- Provide service and technical support to users of our products, including digital platforms;
- Individualization of accounts to facilitate the use of digital platforms;
- Consult credit history and economic solvency of clients;
- Address clarifications and complaints; Y
- Comply with the legal, accounting, regulatory and contractual obligations in charge of us, including those subsequent to the termination of the legal relationship in question.
Additionally, but not essential, we use the personal data collected to:
- Provide you with information about where you can purchase our products and/or services and provide contact information for people who sell our products;
- Make internal statistics of our products and clients, market studies, records on consumption habits through automatic data capture tools, interests and behavior;
- Communicate information about promotions, news and events related to our products and services;
- Contact you for surveys or evaluations;
- For Marketing purposes, including information technology, research, operation, administration and marketing;
- Evaluate the quality of our products and services;
- Know the profile and needs of our consumers;
- Carry out studies of consumer and market habits;
- Research and development in editorial matters;
- Provide products or services requested by Macmillan customers; Y
- Provide training and provide services related to our products.
We do not collect sensitive personal data, such as data of racial or ethnic origin, present and future health status, genetic information, religious, philosophical, moral beliefs, union affiliation, political opinions, sexual preference.
- Personal data: refers to any information relating to a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier, such as a name, an identification number, location data or an online identifier.
- Treatment: refers to any operation that is carried out with personal data, such as obtaining, registering, organizing, structuring, storing, adapting, any type of disclosure or other use.
III. Informative use of the website
When you visit our website for informational reasons, that is, without registering for any of our services listed in section IV and without otherwise providing us with personal data, we may automatically collect additional information about you that will contain personal data only in limited cases that our server automatically recognizes, such as:
- your IP address;
- your device type, name and ID;
- the date and time of your requests;
- the content of your requests;
- information on your browser version;
- your screen resolution;
- information about your operating system, including language settings.
We use such information only to provide an efficient service (for example, to tailor our website to the needs of your device or to enable you to log in to our website), and to collect broad demographic information on an anonymous and aggregated basis.
The personal data collected automatically is necessary for us to provide the website, Article 6 ap. 1 fr 1 liter b GDPR, and for our legitimate interest in ensuring the stability and security of the website, article 6 ap. 1 fr 1 liter f GDPR.
The personal data that is collected automatically will be kept for the time indicated in the Cookies Policy and after the indicated time will be deleted.
IV. Registration in our services
Our website offers a web shop. To use the aforementioned services, you must create an account. With respect to the registration of an account and its subsequent use, we treat:
- Information (such as your name, username and email address) provided at registration;
- Information related to the login service (for example, login details and password);
The information that is necessary for the provision of the service is indicated as such. All additional information is provided on a voluntary basis.
We will process the personal data you provide us to:
- Identify you when you access;
- Provide you with the services and information offered through the website or requested by you;
- Manage your account;
- Communicate with you; Y,
- Advertising and profiling.
The personal data collected is necessary for us to provide the website, Article 6 ap. 1 fr 1 liter b GDPR.
We use the personal data and contact details you provide through registration to inform you directly about our additional products and services. The use of your personal data for direct advertising of related products and services is based on our legitimate interest as the owner of this website, Article 6 ap. 1 fr 1 liter f GDPR.
You can object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing at any time. Once you have expressed your opposition, we will refrain from any treatment to the extent that it is related to said purposes. You can inform us about your opposition by contacting us at email@example.com
Your personal data, unless otherwise indicated in the specific services mentioned below, will be kept for as long as your user account is used. Once you delete your account, your personal data will be deleted  month later. The conservation obligations established by the regulations or the need to exercise or defend against legal actions that may arise from misconduct within the framework of the use of the services, as well as payment problems may lead to conservation for a longer period. of your personal data. In this case, we will inform you accordingly.
V. Information on the specific uses that require registration
1. Web store
In order to use our web store, you must create an account as described in section IV. Your customer account retains your personal data for future purchases. You can delete personal data as well as your own account in your account settings section. This treatment is based on Article 6 ap. 1 fr 1 liter b GDPR.
We are required by law to retain transaction-related financial data (including address, payment and order information) for [ten years]. However, after  years have elapsed, we will restrict the processing of your personal data to comply with regulations and will no longer process your personal data. In this connection, the storage of your personal data is based on Article 6 ap. 1 fr 1 liter c GDPR.
SAW. Automated Decision Making
We do not use your personal data to make automated decisions that have legal effects on you or that could significantly affect you in a similar way.
However, we use your personal data to offer you content and services that we believe may be of interest to you.
For statistical analysis, we use a tool called Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”), to collect information about the use of this website.
The tool collects information such as recognizing your computer when you visit our website; to track you when you browse the site and to enable the use of any e-commerce features; to improve the way the website can be used; to analyze the use of the website and for the administration of the website. We use the information we get from Google only to determine the most useful information in relation to what you are looking for and to improve and optimize this website. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personal data.
The information generated about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on its servers at 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. For more information about the potential risks of an international data transfer, see section XI . Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned on the date you visit this website, rather than your name or any other identifying information. The provider will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide us with other services related to the use of the website and the Internet.
Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address first be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the scope of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
The legal basis for this treatment is your consent, Article 6 ap. 1 fr 1 liter to GDPR. The transfer to Google is based on a data processor agreement, and Google only acts on our behalf and according to our instructions.
Google will retain personal data collected for statistical analysis for  month(s).
To learn more about our Cookies Policy, please consult the following address: https://shop.grupomacmillan.com/pages/cookie-policy .
VII. Third Party Content and Social Media Plugins
1. Social plugins
The following social media plug-ins may be used: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest. This allows you to communicate with such services and to like or comment from our website. Social media plug-ins enable direct communication between your device and the social media provider's servers, allowing the social media provider to communicate with you and collect information about you while you browse our website. This treatment is based on Article 6 ap. 1 fr 1 liter f GDPR and based on our legitimate interest to improve your website experience and optimize our services.
The communication of personal data takes place whether you have an account with the provider or not.
Your personal data may be transferred to entities located in other countries (including countries outside of Mexico and the European Economic Area (EEA)). For more information about the potential risks of an international data transfer, see section XI.
Please note that we do not have control over the personal data that is collected by the respective plug-in provider and we do not know the purpose of the processing or the period during which your personal data will be kept.
Facebook Inc., 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304 US
Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103
Twitter International Company, One Cumberland Place, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, D02 AX07 IRELAND
Linkedin Corporation., 1000 W Maude, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, US
Pinterest Europe Ltd., Palmerston House, 2nd Floor, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Pinterest, Inc., 651 Brannan Street, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
2. Links to third party websites
IX. communication of information
Your personal data will be communicated to the following third parties for the purposes mentioned above:
- History of sales and payments from distributors to members of the Chamber of the Publishing Industry;
- The controlling companies, subsidiaries or affiliates of Macmillan in Mexico or abroad, third-party service providers or authorities and entities of the federal or local public administration, in Mexico or abroad, for the fulfillment of legal, accounting, regulatory obligations or contractual in charge of Macmillan or any of its controlling companies, subsidiaries or affiliates in Mexico or abroad even after the termination of said relationship;
- Credit institutions to comply with the terms and conditions of the service relationship or in general of the legal relationship that exists or will come to exist with you and with the obligations subsequent to its termination;
- Third parties in Mexico or abroad for marketing purposes: information technology, research, operation, administration and marketing. For more information, please visit our Cookies Policy located at the following address: https://shop.grupomacmillan.com/pages/cookie-policy ;
- The controlling companies, subsidiaries or affiliates of Macmillan in Mexico or abroad, third-party service providers in Mexico or abroad for the provision and maintenance of electronic platforms.
The legal basis for the transfer of your personal data is Article 6 sec. 1 sit 1 liter b and f GDPR. Some of the aforementioned recipients are located outside the EEA. For more information on international transfers in general and transfers outside the EEA, see section X.
We may report aggregated and anonymous statistics about website users to describe our services to potential partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties, as well as for other legal purposes, however these statistics will not include personal data. We may disclose your personal data to service providers who help us deliver the services we offer through the Website.
Such disclosure will be based on data processor agreements. Therefore, our service providers will only use your personal data to the extent necessary to provide their services and are contractually bound to process your personal data only on our behalf and in accordance with our requests.
In the event of a reorganization or acquisition by a third party, any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to the reorganized entity or such third party in compliance with applicable law.
Macmillan may also disclose your personal data when required by any legal provision or in compliance with a court order.
X. Cross-Border Data Transfers
Please note that data processed in a foreign country may be subject to foreign laws and may be accessible to foreign governments, courts, law enforcement and regulatory agencies. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we will endeavor to take reasonable steps to maintain an adequate level of data protection when sharing your personal data with entities located in such countries.
In the event of a transfer to a country located outside the EEA, such transfer will be protected by the EU Standard Contractual Clauses to the extent applicable. You can find more information about these safeguards at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/standard-contractual-clauses-scc_en or by contacting directly by mx .firstname.lastname@example.org or through our Group Data Protection Officer at email@example.com .
We have reasonable and state-of-the-art security measures in place to protect personal data from loss, misuse and alteration. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and improved as necessary, and only authorized personnel have access to personal data. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, or alteration of information will occur, we make every reasonable effort to prevent it.
You should be aware that the transmission of information over the Internet is never completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of any information you submit through our website while it is in transit over the Internet and any submission is done at your own risk.
XII. data retention
We endeavor to limit our processing activities with respect to your personal data as much as possible. In the event that there are no specific retention periods in this notice, your personal data will be kept only for the time necessary to fulfill the purpose for which we have collected them and, where appropriate, as long as the established retention obligations require it. in the applicable regulations.
XIII. Your rights
In accordance with the regulations, you may be entitled to exercise some or all of the following rights:
- request (i) confirmation of whether or not they are treating personal data that concerns you, and, in such case, (ii) access and / or duplication of your personal data,
- request (i) to receive personal data concerning you, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and (ii) to transmit such data to another controller without hindrance from us; where technically possible, you have the right to have us transmit personal data directly to another controller;
- request the rectification, deletion or limitation of the processing of your personal data, eg because (i) they are incomplete or inaccurate, (ii) they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected, or (iii) the consent on which based processing has been revoked, or (iv) you have exercised your right to limit processing; in case the personal data is processed by third parties, your request for rectification, deletion or limitation of the treatment will also be sent to said third parties unless this proves impossible or implies a disproportionate effort;
- refuse to grant, as well as, without affecting the processing activities that have taken place before such withdrawal or any other existing legal justification for the processing in question, withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time;
- object at any time to your personal data being used for direct marketing purposes, or - due to reasons related to your particular situation - your personal data being processed for other purposes;
- oppose at any time, for reasons related to your particular situation, that personal data that concerns you are subject to treatment based on the provisions of article 6, ap. 1, fr. 1 liter e) of), including profiling on the basis of these provisions.
- take legal action in relation to any possible violation of your rights regarding the processing of your personal data, as well as lodge complaints with the competent data protection authorities; me
not be subject to any automated decision-making, including profiling (automated decisions based on data processing by automated means, in order to evaluate different personal aspects) that produce legal effects on you or affect you in a similar way .
You can (i) exercise the aforementioned rights, (ii) ask a question or (iii) file a claim regarding data processing by contacting us through the contact information detailed below.
XIV. Contact us
XV. Modifications to this policy